Organ Mountain Zen



Wednesday, November 8, 2006

May We Have Ears to Listen

With palms together,
Good Morning All,
 
Yesterday, three of my friends worked the polls. My Little Honey and I did this for a couple of years in Mayhill, near our Refuge. It is a long day, believe me, but so rewarding.  I want to take a moment and thank Eve, Allen, and Lou for their volunteerism. You each are a blessing to our community.
 
As the day passed into night, I watched the election off and on. It is an amazing thing this democratic process. The "fair and balanced" conservative news network could not seem to get a handle on the immensity of the tidal wave for change, and the original 24 hour news network could barely control itself. Clearly the people of the United states have sent a message in no uncertain terms to our President.
 
Let us hope he has ears to listen.
 
Appropos to this I read that new text on the Buddha and the Terrorist yesterday. We could learn much from this story. A terrorist and mass murderer from a low caste meets the Buddha, is pacified, becomes enlightened, and is forgiven. The terrorist goes on to become a monk and instrument of compassion.  This story is testimony to the power of compassion and skillful means. I highly recommend this book to you.
 
 
 
 
Be well.


Rev. Harvey So Daiho Hilbert, Ph.D. 
May All Beings Be Free From Suffering
On the web at:
 


Sponsored Link

Talk more and pay less. Vonage can save you up to $300 a year on your phone bill. Sign up now.

No comments:

Post a Comment