Organ Mountain Zen



Tuesday, July 19, 2011

July 19

With palms together,

Good Morning Everyone,



This morning I wrote a note and thoroughly bored myself with my own words. Zen words are boring. They are often sophomoric. Zen words are empty and too often without real world connection. Words. Just words. Like dead leaves on a concrete floor.



I have been writing Zen words now for over ten years on my blog. What arrogance. Maybe I had to do that to get here. Enough.



I think it would be best if I just wrote about my life as it is and as it unfolds. Maybe there is the best, high-class Zen in that. Forget the Zen words. They get you into trouble.



This morning I woke to love.

This morning the moon was high

This morning Suki needed to go out early while still dark.

This morning we walked along the irrigation canal.

This morning mosquitoes had their breakfast on my calves.

Is there anything more that can be said?

Time for peanut butter on toast and espresso coffee.



Be well.

No comments:

Post a Comment