Organ Mountain Zen



Monday, May 18, 2020

Commitments

As a Zen Buddhist I have committed myself to a life of service, a life of introspection, and a life of engaged compassion. These three have been my refuge.
Not always successful to be sure, but always on my mind. And when I fail, when I see myself speaking and otherwise behaving in ways contradictory to these I engage myself in atonement. This is all any of us can do.
This crisis we each face today has been, and will continue to be, a challenge. I pray to maintain an open mind and heart. I pray to allow alternative views their place. I pray to meet these challenges with intellectual and emotional courage. And I pray each of us might do the same for unless we do, unless we see ourselves as being in this together we will lose our humanity and fall into the chaos of fear.
I do not know what this new world will bring to us, save the fact it will be different. And for many of us difference, falling out of our comfort zone, is frightening. May we each meet this newly developing world with an open eye and open heart.
Be a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment