Organ Mountain Zen



Thursday, April 16, 2020

Life is in the details

Good Morning World,
'Just finished opening the day with our morning Zen ceremony and zazen. What a beautiful way to begin a day, especially good, too, is the fact that late last night I baked some chocolate chip raison shortbread cookies to greet me as I woke!
Yet, no amount of cookies and other good things will completely remove the shadow of this pandemic and the dark sounding future we may face. I've read reports that we may have to wear masks and practice social distancing for a couple of years. Can we human beings endure such things as this for an extended period of time? Seems like an apocalyptic b grade movie to me..
Still, there is beauty in each moment. I'm sitting here on my patio listening to the birds sing, witnessing a sunflower begin to open, and looking forward to those cookies with my morning coffee. After that I'll start my Harley and listen to to engine run as it puts a charge in the battery keeping the engine and its electrical system in running order. Then I have seeds to plant, a library to get back in order, as (I'm sure) many other odds and ends will arise to be taken care of.
I believe that old saying, "the devil is in the details" is wrong. Its more truthful to say, "life is in the details." So, may we each live those details with an open heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment